Abdullah Mohd Shahrir KEW080001

Go down

Abdullah Mohd Shahrir KEW080001

Post  Abdullah KEW080001 on Tue 12 Jan 2010, 8:08 am

About Me

My name is Abdullah bin Mohd Shahrir. I live in Alor Setar, Kedah. I am the oldest of 5 siblings, 2 brothers and 2 sisters. My father is working as Immigration officer, and my mother is a full-time housewife. We currently are staying in Kedah, although my father is now working in Terengganu. I don’t know how long we going to stay here, in Kedah.

My education starts from pre-school in PASTI at Pahang. Then, I went to Balok Kuantan Primary School before I continue my primary years in grade four at Taman Rakyat Primary School. Afterwards, I scored 4A’s and 1B in UPSR and managed to go to Kedah Islamic High School. I got 7A’s and 2B’s in PMR. Then, I managed to get 5A’s 6B’s and 1C’s and I was chosen to enroll in 1-year Matriculation program at Perak Matriculation Collage in Gopeng, Perak. My continuous improvement in studying earn me a PNGK of 3.33 and Alhamdullillah, I managed to continue my study in the university of my choice, University Malaya in Computer Engineering. Right now, I’m still studying in UM and managed to maintain my pointer of 2.63.

I like playing video games and drawing. I like reading comic books in my free time and watching movies with my friends. My interest right now is learning Japanese language. Although there is still a lot to learn but I won’t give up that easily. I played video games since I learnt how to write my name. Computer, arcade, console games, you name it, I played it. Rather than calling them as a part of my hobbies, I make them my passion. Other than video games, I like to read comics. I admired those manga artist’s artworks, story lines, and hardwork. So, that’s why I like to draw.

About myself, I like to fantasise things; I tend to be a day dreamer. But, I usually use this for moral support and for how I need to decide things, when I’m in a tight situation. For me, this is usually better. I don’t really like to think and worst, I hate maths. Rather than thinking how to, I imagine how I do things. Moreover, I also use this method in my study. Example, how to divide my time for each subjects, and how to understand a long explanation. I’m more like a creative thinking person.
In the future, I hope to solve any engineering problems or to create any design, planning or materials by using this sort of method. I need to think logic, precise, and accurate. If there is any ideas that need to be use, I tend to make it better and better each time I think about it. For example, a circuit design, we need to create a design that low in cost and good in performance or balance in both. The reasons why I think creative thinking fits me are because I generally like things or idea that is new or fresh or at least better than before. I like to think something out of the box or more like to think something in different prospective.

Definition of Thinking

1. The process of using your mind to consider something carefully; "thinking always made him frown"; "she paused for thought"
2. Intelligent: endowed with the capacity to reason
3. Is an internal mental process that uses data or information as input, integrates that information into previous learned material and the and results in either knowledge or nothing. It may occur at any moment including while eating, sleeping or working on an unrelated task. ...

Types of Thinking

1. Critical thinking - This is convergent thinking. It assesses the worth and validity of something existent. It involves precise, persistent, objective analysis. When teachers try to get several learners to think convergently, they try to help them develop common understanding.
2. Creative thinking - This is divergent thinking. It generates something new or different. It involves having a different idea that works as well or better than previous ideas.
3. Convergent thinking - This type of thinking is cognitive processing of information around a common point, an attempt to bring thoughts from different directions into a union or common conclusion.
4. Divergent thinking - This type of thinking starts from a common point and moves outward into a variety of perspectives. When fosering divergent thinking, teachers use the content as a vehicle to prompt diverse or unique thinking among students rather than a common view.
5. Inductive thinking - This is the process of reasoning from parts to the whole, from examples to generalizations.
6. Deductive thinking - This type of reasoning moves from the whole to its parts, from generalizations to underlying concepts to examples.
7. Closed questions - These are questions asked by teachers that have predictable responses. Closed questions almost always require factual recall rather than higher levels of thinking.
8. Open questions - These are questions that do not have predictable answers. Open questions almost always require higher order thinking.

Reference

http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=thinking
http://www.ves.wpsb.org/focus/typesofthinking.html
http://home.earthlink.net/~ddstuhlman/defin1.htm

Abdullah KEW080001

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Abdullah Mohd Shahrir KEW080001

Post  lauchunwokew080011 on Tue 12 Jan 2010, 9:58 am

math is a challenge and divertingness subject, so u should more enjoy it rather than hate it. Very Happy
lauchunwokew080011

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Abdullah KEW080001 on Tue 12 Jan 2010, 2:24 pm

if I passed ODE, I might dislike maths rather than HATE maths Cool

Abdullah KEW080001

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Chan Xing Khuan KEW080005 on Tue 12 Jan 2010, 6:31 pm

Most of the success people in society are big dreamers. Use your infinite imaginary power to dream and use it as a passion for you to overcome everything, including your maths problem, cheer!
Chan Xing Khuan KEW080005
Admin

View user profile http://comp-engin0809.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheah Meng Kit KEW080006 on Tue 12 Jan 2010, 6:54 pm

Abdullah KEW080001 wrote:if I passed ODE, I might dislike maths rather than HATE maths Cool

Maths is very important for an engineer. In order to be a successful engineer, your maths must be very good. So, keep it up man. Try your best to improve it. Razz
Cheah Meng Kit KEW080006

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NURAINRAZI KEW080016 on Sat 16 Jan 2010, 7:03 pm

a very honest written essay uphere.dont hate math so much because engineering cant be separated from it.It is just the matter of understanding and using the right technique.Im sure sufficient practice will help you to get through.

NURAINRAZI KEW080016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leong Jia Wei KEW080013 on Sat 16 Jan 2010, 8:32 pm

Fantasizing is not always bad because all good things are created twice; once in the mind and once in reality Very Happy Keep it up!
Leong Jia Wei KEW080013

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ooi Tiang Chien KEW080018 on Sat 16 Jan 2010, 9:55 pm

About myself, I like to fantasise things; I tend to be a day dreamer. But, I usually use this for moral support and for how I need to decide things, when I’m in a tight situation.

It's always good to look things from the positive side...keep it up..
Ooi Tiang Chien KEW080018

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down