Go down

SITI FARHANA BINTI NORDIN KET080035

Post  SITI FARHANA KET080035 on Mon 18 Jan 2010, 9:38 pm

Assignment 2.
1. Comment about the news.

At peril without helmets.
http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/articles/11cyc/Article/index_html

Comment:

The paper discuss the article; “At peril without helmets, “in which the anonymous author reports on a road deaths in Malaysia last year. It state about 6, 000 road deaths in Malaysia for the last year and one-third are motorcyclists and pillion riders. The author points out that the purpose of the amount of road deaths was to determine the major of motorcyclists and pillion riders was dying because of head injuries. Most of the motorcyclists can avoided from the road deaths if they had not thrown caution to the wind by not wearing or fastening their helmets. Because of that, we cannot decrease the amount of road deaths as the National Road Safety Department director-general Datuk Suret Singh said.

This article is actually wanted to highlight the safety of motorcyclists in the country; it is because there are about eight million Malaysian are using motorcycle as their transport. Therefore it is essential for us to know the road safety, for that there was a campaign for children at Sekolah Kebangsaan Nusantara in Johor Baru on 17th January 2010, which was attended by 500 pupils from eight schools. Datuk Suret said that most of motorcyclists wearing helmet only when they spot a policeman and they should care about their own safety, not because they scare of the policeman. He also said, the government will introduce a community bus for the young children. It is because many of people not aware that kids whose legs barely reached the motorcycle’s pedal were not supposed to be pillion riders. In that case, the government will introduce a community bus for the young children is actually to let the student use the bus as their transport and not be a pillion rider. Therefore, we can decrease the amount of the road death cause of motorcycles. Besides that, a stiff penalty can make sure the students safety and for those who not wearing helmet when riding in the school compound would face disciplinary action.

The article is a warning to all of the Malaysian to be safety on the road and not make the helmet as an accessory but as their own protection on the road. The government takes an action by give facilities to the young children to avoid children to choose the motorcycle as their transport. This can be the way for government to reduce the motorcyclists and pillion riders in Malaysia and it also can reduce the amount of road death. This may take a big step to make it happen, but if we do as what we need to do I think this matter can be solve and I believe that when the children was exposed about the road safety in the school it will give them the view on how important their own safety on the road. Therefore, no matter what is your transport the most important is your safety and remember to wear the helmet if you are riding a motorcycle.

However, I think the people should not only focus on the motorcyclist but focus on all of the user on the road such as the car, taxi and bus. If the motorcyclists have take all of their own protection but if the other user not beware on the road the same thing will be happen. By the way, I am actually living outside at Cheras and everyday I have to ride motorcycle to go to the class. So, I know how dangerous when you are on the road and just beware no matter what your ride, remember your safety.

2. Comment about a speech.

Tun Dr. Mahathir Bin Mohamad speaks about Malaysia.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe5yFh1bseQ&feature=related

Comment:

I love him. Who can be bored when hear his speech and I really like the way his talks, very clear and of cause without a speech note. He is very confident and the way he speaks about Malaysia and the pursuit of development makes me proud to be Malaysian. In my opinion, the success of our country today is because of his ambition to make Malaysia develop. He believes that the idea is what we aim and the idea needs to visualize and to guide us. Therefore, the idea is what we aim at; it is also the target and the objective. “If we want to go anywhere, we must decide the place that we are going to go to. Otherwise, we not know the direction.” he said, this statement can be means on how he administer our country for 22 years old. There is a lot of development that he makes to our country and the famous one is KLCC. It is not easy to find the ministry whit a lot of ambition to his country and people.

Malaysia also knows as the multiethnic country, it show how important is the relationship between the raises. Therefore, I think if the all the raises not together to develop the country we will be on the bottom and nothing will be change. On the other hands, the economy of our country will be growing healthy if we share political power between the raises. Most of the develop countries around our country were not perfect; many lost their relative and culture and become too greedy. Therefore, our country not makes the different between the raises as the reason we cannot to success. It is really suit with our 1Malaysia.

For my own knowledge it is important for us to be more care about the raises in our country. To be honest, there is no raise we are one and for that we will try to make Malaysia can pursuit the development. We are Malaysian living in peace and together. I am really patriotic after listen to the Tun Dr. Mahathir Bin Mohamad’s speech. He is the one in a billion.

SITI FARHANA KET080035

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SITI FARHANA BINTI NORDIN KET080035

Post  Cheah Meng Kit KEW080006 on Thu 21 Jan 2010, 5:43 pm

Tun Dr. Mahathir Bin Mohamad is really a good leader of Malaysia. He bring Malaysia towards a modern life Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Cheah Meng Kit KEW080006

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leong Jia Wei KEW080013 on Sat 30 Jan 2010, 11:28 pm

Yeah, it's always better to wear a helmet when riding a motorbike.

As for Dr. Mahathir, we sincerely thank him for modernizing Malaysia.
Leong Jia Wei KEW080013

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum