Abdullah Mohd Shahrir KEW080001

Go down

Abdullah Mohd Shahrir KEW080001

Post  Abdullah KEW080001 on Tue 19 Jan 2010, 3:35 pm

a)
http://thestar.com.my/metro/story.asp?file=/2010/1/19/central/5489508&sec=central
Builds homes as promised, developers told
My Comment:
A property developer is a person or a company that buy lands in order to build a new houses or shops. For example, in a developing country, a lot of people tend to move into urban area to earn a living. YTL Land & Development Bhd was told by The Federal Territories and Urban Wellbeing Ministry to keep their promises for the sake of poor people in Kg Railway, Sentul. I agreed with Datuk Raja Nong Chik Raja Zainal Abidin as what he means by doing the right thing. For me, the right thing is not just being a true developer but also to understand as a human being whose basic needs is a house to live.
“I am certain that what you do for the community will not only benefit the people living near the project area but will enhance your image and be branded as a responsible company,’’ he added. Being in a business is all about trust, if you offer people with defective items you are telling them not to do business with you anymore. People who only think about profits for a short period will do anything for money. Whereas, if we create a positive way to handle customers and to give people service they need, money will keep coming by itself. Critical thinking should be applied not only for a speech but can also be use for developing.

b)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Teu9CalA4s
Gamespot @ GDC: Hideo Kojima Interview
My Comment:
Hideo Kojima is a Japanese video game designer originally employed at Konami. He's now the Executive Corporate Officer Director of Kojima Productions. In the gaming industry, he is famous for the production of Metal Gear Solid series earning him a lot of awards including Lifetime Achievement Award at the 2008 MTV Game Awards and was also honoured with a Lifetime Achievement Award at the 2009 Game Developers Conference.

He was born in Tokyo, Japan in 1963. Despite his ambition of becoming a film director, He was inspired to join the video game industry. Due to his lack of familiarity with programming, he often fails in his initial years in Konami. Yet, he never gave up although at one point he considered leaving the company.

In the late 1990s, the release of Metal Gear Solid(MGS) for the Playstation has make him a celebrity among the video game media. MGS was highly regarded for its well-designed gameplay and for its characters and storyline, which featured themes of nuclear proliferation and genetic engineering. This game has been developed into series for several years and each of his production always shows improvements.

Although Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots would be the last Metal Gear game he would be directly involved in, at the MTV Game Awards 2008 in Germany. In his speech, he said in English, "I have to say, even though I received this award, let me state that I will not retire. I will continue to create games as long as I live." Which is why, I choose to pick this person, specifically for this assignment. As he shows his passion on doing whatever he wants in costs of not regretting it.

In this interview, he says that although the technology in video and graphics designs have increased over the years, games still need to create based on the controlled quality. This means, creating a video game in an interactive media, we need to limit the capability of the game itself to achieve the highest possible performance to be played by using for example Playstation 3, or the most high tech computer. In my opinion, to create something we must strive for a bigger achievement. But, even though there is always something that limits our capabilities, we should however think something to overcome it.

How he developed his ideas is not just by himself. He usually thinks about concepts and ideas alone. But, he really enjoys sharing his ideas with other peoples where everything burst out in that moment. He says "I don't think about schedule, budgets, who to sign or who should do this, this is all out of the way at that moment. It’s all freedom in mind.” We might get caught up in brain storming session or in studies. But, it is always fun to ask around for opinion. We may discover something new without any cost. This is also how I work out in my studies, if I got some ideas, I always share with people and if it is something wrong I might get corrected.
He also shares his thought about game making. How the game should be developed by not just for business by focusing on certain aspects or adding up something attractive for the gamers. In order to go higher, developers should also add their own idea and philosophy in order to attract youngsters in becoming developers in the future. The same ideas in novel making can also be applied for making movies. But, for the game making, it is not about a certain audience that should be taken care of. It is always including the audience from around the world.
A lot of things should be considered to make this game work out. In my opinion from a gamer perspective, I always wanted to play thrilling action, stunning graphics, and great story-telling games. There is a lots of video games out there in the market really feels my needs. But, each day or year passes, eventually my perspective and my expectations grew higher and higher each time a new game announced a release. I always hope the game developers trying to compete for a better gaming experience for the users or the gamers. As for me, I wish someday I could be in the same foot with these developers, competing in this arena of game making. I really hope Malaysia could somehow produces games that forever instil in the heart of the audience, and I really wish to take part in it.

Reference:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hideo_Kojima

Abdullah KEW080001

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Abdullah Mohd Shahrir KEW080001

Post  Leong Jia Wei KEW080013 on Thu 21 Jan 2010, 1:50 pm

Hideo Kojima is a real legend. Be watching out for MGS: Rising!
Leong Jia Wei KEW080013

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheah Meng Kit KEW080006 on Sun 24 Jan 2010, 2:03 pm

Leong Jia Wei KEW080013 wrote:Hideo Kojima is a real legend. Be watching out for MGS: Rising!

You are a great gaming expert pirat
Cheah Meng Kit KEW080006

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NURAINRAZI KEW080016 on Sun 24 Jan 2010, 8:01 pm

I remembered the first konami production that i played was Contra.That was like ages ago.but nowadays kids are so lucky to play advance game since their early age.Some companies have already produced computer devices specifically for gaming purposes.The devices can let us play for hours with great gaming experiences and satisfaction.No doubt that getting involve in gaming industry may lead us to a brighter future.

NURAINRAZI KEW080016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down