Computer Engineering 08/09
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SUHAIMI KET 080037

4 posters

Go down

SUHAIMI KET 080037 Empty SUHAIMI KET 080037

Post  Suhaimi KET080037 Fri 22 Jan 2010, 11:51 am

1. Comment critically on a newspaper article.

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/articles/20100115173657/Article/index_html

TWO BRAVE MALAYSIAN YOUTH

This article is about two young and brave Malaysian who sacrifice their time and comfort to help those who have suffered because of the war. Juana Jaafar and Ram Karthigasu,both Malaysian youth, joined Viva Palestina International Humanitarian Aid Convoy to help Palestinian in Gaza who suffered a lot because being blockade by Israel and Egypt from getting fundamental needs.
In this article, it tells us how Ram,Master’s degree holder in International Relations from University of Ipswich UK and Juana Jaafar started to joined the humanitarian aid.The convoy who based at United Kingdom have some 500 volunteers from all over the world in this third mission.Both of them were tasked to drive an ambulance load of food,medicine,cloth and other needs.
Besides that,in this article,it also tells about their problem and obstacles along this journey,their activities in Gaza,how they help the Gaza people,their opinion about the victims and the Egyptian authority who lacks in cooperation with the convoy, their family opinion about the convoy and the safety of their son and daughter and how the convoy changed the victims’ life and als0 change both of them.
After reading this article, I feel very impressed with their courage and passion to help the Gazans although they are different in religion and races, but they still put aside their comfort to lend a hand to Gazans who really suffered from the war.Both of them leave their parents,friends,hometown to faced a lot of problem and obstacles to send food,medicine and clothes to people who in needs.
Finally,I hope that I can become like them in the future, helping those who needs help no matter how hard the obstacle is.

2. Comment critically on a live-speech

I HAVE A DREAM! by Martin Luther King Jr.

Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5SlrXeOxCc&feature=related
Part 2 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X_917SrPVc

This video is a speech by Martin Luther King Jr. called “ I have a dream” who been delivered during March of Washington For Jobs and Freedom on August 8,1963.This speech was mainly about the suppression of Negros in America at that time,the racist tension between the black men and the white men.
In this speech, Martin started the speech by quotes Abraham Lincoln words,” Five scores years ago”.
He told what Negros status on hundred years ago and 1963 is quite the same.They still been step aside from works,public transport,motel and hotel,school and restaurants by the sign “For the white peoples only”.
In this speech,Martin repeatedly suppress about human equal right,equality.He said that human should be look by their content not by their colour of skin.He cry out to Negros and white people to stand unite and put aside the racial prejudice to make America a better world to live.
In the end of this speech,he use his famous quote, “I have a dream”. He use that about 8 time.He said that all men are equal.He dream that all his four children could one day be judged not by their coulour but their content.He dream that former slave and former slave owner can sit together as brotherhood in the future.He also that the black men and the white men can have faith together.
I adore this speech because of Martin Luther’s style of speech.He often repeatedly used word to emphasize his rhetoric. For instance like “Now is the time”,”We can never be satisfied”,”With this faith” and the famous one “I have a dream”.His tone of speech makes me so passion to listen on his speech.The content of his speech also so compact and not to long.He was good in light up audience spirit and passion.

Biodata of Martin Luther King Jr:
Martin Luther King, Jr. (January 15, 1929 – April 4, 1968) was an American clergyman, activist and prominent leader in the African-American civil rights movement. His main legacy was to secure progress on civil rights in the United States, and he has become a human rights icon: King is recognized as a martyr by two Christian churches.[1] A Baptist minister, King became a civil rights activist early in his career.[2] He led the 1955 Montgomery Bus Boycott and helped found the Southern Christian Leadership Conference in 1957, serving as its first president. King's efforts led to the 1963 March on Washington, where King delivered his "I Have a Dream" speech. There, he raised public consciousness of the civil rights movement and established himself as one of the greatest orators in U.S. history.
In 1964, King became the youngest person to receive the Nobel Peace Prize for his work to end racial segregation and racial discrimination through civil disobedience and other non-violent means. By the time of his death in 1968, he had refocused his efforts on ending poverty and opposing the Vietnam War, both from a religious perspective. King was assassinated on April 4, 1968, in Memphis, Tennessee. He was posthumously awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 1977 and Congressional Gold Medal in 2004; Martin Luther King, Jr. Day was established as a U.S. national holiday in 1986.[u]

Suhaimi KET080037

Back to top Go down

SUHAIMI KET 080037 Empty Re: SUHAIMI KET 080037

Post  Cheah Meng Kit KEW080006 Sat 23 Jan 2010, 1:24 am

The two person is bravo cyclops
Cheah Meng Kit KEW080006
Cheah Meng Kit KEW080006

Back to top Go down

Post  Chia Li - Yan KEW080007 Sun 24 Jan 2010, 2:02 am

Suhaimi KET080037 wrote: human should be look by their content not by their colour of skin.[u]

same goes to malaysia
Chia Li - Yan KEW080007
Chia Li - Yan KEW080007

Back to top Go down

Post  Leong Jia Wei KEW080013 Sun 31 Jan 2010, 12:12 am

Finally,I hope that I can become like them in the future, helping those who needs help no matter how hard the obstacle is.
Normally, these words are hard to find nowadays. Glad to be hearing them from you haha.

Martin Luther King Jr can be treated as a saint and a great American.
Leong Jia Wei KEW080013
Leong Jia Wei KEW080013

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheah Meng Kit KEW080006 Sun 31 Jan 2010, 12:28 am

Leong Jia Wei KEW080013 wrote:
Normally, these words are hard to find nowadays. Glad to be hearing them from you haha.

Martin Luther King Jr can be treated as a saint and a great American.

I feel happy after helping people clown
Cheah Meng Kit KEW080006
Cheah Meng Kit KEW080006

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down