Mohd Khairi KEW070016

Go down

Mohd Khairi KEW070016

Post  Khairi KEW070016 on Fri 22 Jan 2010, 8:47 pm

Hi, it is pleasure to know you all. Well, my full name is Mohamad Khairi Ismail, as u saw on the title above. The short one is Kery. Sometimes people call me Kairi, sometimes Khair, and sometimes Khai. It just losing the alphabetical itself to pronounce my name isn’t it? Actually I never mind that because whoever calls the persons on sequence of that sound, I’ll be the first to react. Quite feel ashamed of that though. I am 22 years old and the exact one is on August.

I live in small country in north of peninsular, Perlis. It’s very rare to find my “state mate” here. People in Perlis are mostly works on their family’s business. Either they continue it or they pose another works themselves. A t my age of 5, my mother had sent me to a kindergarten called “KEMAS”. I was sent there for 2 years before I stepped into standard 1. My school isn’t far away from my home. It takes only 5 minutes to be there. The name of my school is SK Felda Mata Air. It’s obvious that I live in Felda. After that I continued my studies at SMK Dato’ Sheikh Ahmad at Arau, the capital of Perlis. Then I entered Pulau Pinang Matriculation College for 1 year before I stepped into University of Malaysia pursuing in Computer Engineering.

My father is a Felda’s worker, specifically a rubber tapper. My mother is a housewife. She helps my father every times he goes to work. Until now, it has been more than 20 years he work in Felda, but the debt of the land that he bought after he moved in, are not settle yet. My parents work very hard to ensure their children get the best in life. Therefore, I must study hard to pay back what they have done to me. It has been so hard for them to send me in University because we came from a middle class of people. Despite that, they do everything to keep me here. So what else I should do except give back what they expected from me to have.

Critical thinking
Critical thinking is the identification and evaluation of evidence to guide decision making. A critical thinker uses broad in-depth analysis of evidence to make decisions and communicate his/her beliefs clearly and accurately.
Process

• Knowledge. All thinking starts with knowledge, whether a little bit or a good understanding of your thinking topic. For example, if you were thinking about how to fix a machine, you would want a good understanding of how it works and what the problem is.
• Comprehension. It is the understanding of what you think about. If you can't comprehend what you're thinking about, you can't think about it effectively.
• Application. If you can't apply your thoughts and knowledge to anything, what good is thinking about it? Find something useful to think about.
• Analyze. Divide information up into categories and subcategories. Select things that are the more important aspects, and solve them first.
• Synthesis. Syntheses is organizing, constructing, composing, and creating your finished result.
• Evaluation. See if you like your finished product. If not, go back through the process with different objectives and goals, keeping in mind what you didn't like. If it comes out to your liking, use it!

Types
1) Observation skills:
Critical thinking is a process of thinking about an idea or ideas in a methodical way and from a variety of angles. One method of thinking critically involves a series of questions to be applied to the idea under consideration
2) Critical Response and Application skills:
To further reveal the mosaic of idea, evidence, and intention, the critical thinker will usually include him/her in some way part of the context, using a third set of questions. Certainly, we judge an idea’s worth to us we study it. If we take logic and evidence- based critical thinking seriously, we hold off our conclusion until we have applied observation and evaluation questions to the text.
3) Evaluation Skills:
Evaluating the stated text in relation to the history of its ideas and imbedded beliefs. Looking at contextual elements such as the method of gathering, evidence, the mode of presentation, the assumption behind the logic of the reasoning, and the events which led to the methods, presentational form, and assumptions.

References
1) http://library.thinkquest.org/29248/ctproc.html
2) http://74.125.153.132/search?q=cache:eihqqY0HAkwJ:www.qcc.cuny.edu/cetl/Three%2520Types%2520of%2520Critical%2520Thinking%2520Skills.ppt+critical+thinking+types&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=my&client=firefox-a
3) http://www.criticalthinking.com/company/articles/critical-thinking-definition.jsp

Khairi KEW070016

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mohd Khairi KEW070016

Post  Leong Jia Wei KEW080013 on Tue 02 Feb 2010, 12:54 am

It just losing the alphabetical itself to pronounce my name isn’t it? Actually I never mind that because whoever calls the persons on sequence of that sound, I’ll be the first to react. Quite feel ashamed of that though. I am 22 years old and the exact one is on August.
As long as it doesn't deviate much, I think it should be OK lol!
Leong Jia Wei KEW080013

View user profile

Back to top Go down