Hazwan Afiq KeW080010

Go down

Hazwan Afiq KeW080010

Post  Hazwan Afiq KEW080010 on Mon 25 Jan 2010, 10:59 pm

Cutting from online newspaper

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2010/1/19/nation/5498404&sec=nation

Malaysians aware of laws but ...

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysians are aware of the laws but they just do not bother to obey them when making online comments, said Informa tion, Communication and Culture Minister Datuk Seri Dr Rais Yatim.

He said many people assumed the law would not catch up with them.

“It is only right to inform the public that if they freely utilise seditious utterances, those comments will be used as the ‘meat’ for law enforcers to take action,” Dr Rais told reporters after launching the Special Affairs Department’s national assembly here yesterday.

He said this when asked on whether the public was aware of communication laws since there were many who commented freely on social networking websites like Facebook and Twitter.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2010/1/18/nation/20100118120632&sec=nation

Church attacks: Student claims trial over Facebook comment

PETALING JAYA: A student who was charged in the Sessions Court here for using the Internet to issue a statement that could jeopardise public safety, has pleaded not guilty to the charge.

Mohamad Tasyrif Tajudin, 25, an Akademi Seni Budaya dan Warisan student, made the plea on Monday before judge Aslam Zainuddin after the charge was read. The court fixed March 4 for case mention.

He had been charged on Friday but no plea was recorded as Aslam was away on official duty in Shah Alam.

Mohamad Tasyrif was charged with consciously using the Internet application to make a comment on Facebook with the intention of disturbing others by using the consumer’s account of Shahrul Maizam, by writing “ke nak aku baling bom petrol di sana plak?...harga boleh runding...” (should I throw the petrol bomb there now?...price is negotiable)...”

The offence is alleged to have been committed at house number B10-17-20, Blok 10, Jalan PJS 2B/1, Desa Mentari 2, Petaling Jaya at 10am on Jan 10.

He was charged under Section 233(1)(a) of the Communications and Multimedia Act which carries a fine of up to RM50,000 or a jail term of up to one year or both upon conviction.

Aslam allowed Mohamad Tasyrif bail of RM6,000 with one surety. The accused was represented by lawyer Mohd Radzlan Jalaludin while Deputy Public Prosecutor Amirah Mohamed Yusuff appeared for the prosecution.

Mohamad Tasyrif’s father, Tajuddin Awang, 51, posted bail.-Bernama

My comments

I decide to comments for this two cutting because it relates each other so much.For the first cutting Where Malaysian are starting to disobeying laws when making comments in a online social network, Facebook. Me myself honestly MAYBE will also make a comments that can end up disobeying the law. Posting comment online is a very routine nowadays especially for youth generation like us. Because of that we will just simply post any shout out that we want and we dont have any harm feeling for doing that untill the case where a teenager was being charged for posting a comment that related to the church being attacked in Seremban. I definately would't think that I could be caught by law enforcement for posting a comment, if I was the guy I would think it is just a some sick jokes among friends. But then enforcment still will noticed and take quick action against it. But then still the teenager should be more sensitive with the issue of the comment he posted and he post it using his friend's account. That is so sick. Throwing a petrol bom at a public chucrh is a very serious and sensitive matter and can make many people upset. I would piss myself if i heard a mosque is being bom and i would be more piss if i find out some guy posting comment such as that. So the morale is, when post comment online a.k.a “facebooking” please do carefull about any current issue so it will not related and lets stay friendly. We live in Malaysia so there are many sensitive issue that we must stay concious about it. As far as now we are able to maintain our peacefull life among many races and religions, so dont let facebook destroy it.
Hazwan Afiq KEW080010

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hazwan Afiq KeW080010

Post  Cheah Meng Kit KEW080006 on Thu 28 Jan 2010, 12:54 pm

Your newspaper cutting is same as me...Haha Laughing Laughing Laughing
Cheah Meng Kit KEW080006

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leong Jia Wei KEW080013 on Sat 30 Jan 2010, 11:36 pm

People should think of the impact a message will cause and the consequences that might be faced before posting anything sensitive on the internet.
Leong Jia Wei KEW080013

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum