Chan Xing Khuan KEW080005

Go down

Post  Chan Xing Khuan KEW080005 on Tue 09 Feb 2010, 4:14 am

Mario Teguh Golden Ways – Super Fantasy (2/4)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_lAmq-JiXM

In this video Mario Teguh started his TV program by discussing fear with failure. He said that most people are afraid of failure because of their imagination. This is indeed very true in the sense that, people intend to imagine what will happen and most of the time they are all about failing in what they want to do and they will start to imagine the worst out of the worst. This is the psychology of human being that is unavoidable. Therefore it is crucial that people train their mind constantly so that they can focus on why they want to do it, how they want to do it and what they want to achieve, and instead of imagining their failure, imagine on how they would succeed. A successful person never thought about how they fail, they only think about how they should do in order to succeed. Mario Teguh then talked about if you were to fail, fail it in doing something big. Personally I think that this is good to a certain degree if the person knew that he certainly will fail. However it is a bad mind set to start off for a person who had just planned to start doing something. He should focus on why he wants to do it, how he wants to do it and what he wants to achieve in his doing. In the later part when audience are allowed to ask questions, Mario Teguh answered questions about being realistic, is feeling important in making action and decision, and lastly should we honor our elders. Although Mario Teguh answered them wonderfully, I cannot help myself but to think that he is actually not motivating people, however he is telling people what should be done and what should not. This can be seen clearly at the question and answer section. Even in the first part he did taught people that even if one were to fail, fail it by trying something big, instead of motivating people not to fear failure or how to overcome the fear. However it does not change the fact that he is a good and knowledgeable teacher.

Anthony Robbins - Tiny Changes Mean Huge Results
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH89Eka_MCM

In this video, Anthony robbins used two story to show the audience how true is this statement. Firstly he talked about he played golf with his kids and when he failed miserable by putting all of his golf balls into water, his instructor told him that actually, he is just a millimeter or two off from putting the golf ball into the hole. It is all about show he approach his ball, if he hits the ball just a millimeter off, the course of the ball could change tremendously. We may not able to see the changes in the beginning of the ball’s course, but that millimeter will make a huge difference when it travels a long distance. Next he talked about a plastic surgery that actually mathematically calculated the measurements of a person’s face that would define how good looking that person will be, and it is all millimeter difference only. This is very true in the sense that, all big changes are made from small changes. For example, if a person wants to score an A in an examination, if he use 1 hour to study every day, he might not able to see the difference now because he still have a lot of questions that he do not understand. But, if he keeps this up for days, weeks and months, the changes will certainly come, and see that changes, he must take actions to make it happen, which is to study 1 hour every day. I also agree with Anthony robbins that we must set out mind to focus on what we want to achieve. If the person were to study every day for 1 hour, but without any focus, goal and passion, he will be just wasting his 1 hour every day. This applies to Critical Thinking as well, to become a critical thinker, we must practice it every time every day every minute or even every second, by this “millimeter” practices, eventually we will become a successful critical thinker. So to end my comment, I would like to urge everyone that, every time whenever you want to do something, throw away all your negative thinking, think only about what you want to do, why you want to do and what is your expectation, what you want to achieve and go ahead make it happen! Failure is not an end; it’s a turning point for you to adjust that millimeter towards your goal.

Al Pacino's Inspirational Speech
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO4tIrjBDkk

This is a very inspirational speech by Al Pacino. It is a scene taken out from a movie. In this movie, the part that I feel very interesting and very inspirational is when Al Pacino said: “Life’s game is inches, so is football. Because in either game, life football, the margin for error is so small, I mean, one half a step too late or too early, and you don’t quite make it. One half second too slow too fast you don’t quite catch it. The inches we need are everywhere around us. They’re in every break of the game, every minute every second. On this team, we fight for that inch; on this team we tear ourselves and everyone else around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our finger nails for that inch, because we know, when we had up all those inches, that’s goanna make the difference between winning and losing, between living and dying.” The content of this speech is quite much similar to what I had commented on Anthony Robbins speech, the only difference is that Al Pacino used football as the theme for his speech. In life it is also about inches. Every day we will need to make decision and make action to grab all those little inches. For example, if a person’s goal is to become a successful entrepreneur, we have to grab all little inches such as opportunities, decision that will help the company make progress, policies that will guide the company towards its goal and so on. Once he gathered all these inches, eventually he would have made a huge progress.
Admin

View user profile http://comp-engin0809.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Chan Xing Khuan KEW080005

Post  Cheah Meng Kit KEW080006 on Tue 09 Feb 2010, 10:23 am

I think we should not be afraid of failure. We should learn from failure.
Cheah Meng Kit KEW080006

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leong Jia Wei KEW080013 on Sat 27 Feb 2010, 2:05 am

The content of this speech is quite much similar to what I had commented on Anthony Robbins speech, the only difference is that Al Pacino used football as the theme for his speech.
Although the content is truly inspiring, how can Al Pacino himself said all those things if what he said is scripted in the movie?
Leong Jia Wei KEW080013

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down