Computer Engineering 08/09
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wongkiamingkew080025

4 posters

Go down

wongkiamingkew080025 Empty wongkiamingkew080025

Post  wongkiamingkew080025 Tue 09 Feb 2010, 10:19 am

ANTHONY ROBBINS:
A PASSION FOR LIFE

Anthony Robbins is a peak performance coach as opposed to a motivational speaker. Robbins claims that he tries to find out what people do when they are at their peak, and then help them access that peak state whenever necessary, and he believes what he does is more effective than providing a rousing half-time speech and temporary motivation. In this speech he mentions about the shift of focus.
Anthony Robbins firstly mentions that everyone has his/her own ritual in daily activities, and when we bring these rituals in businesses or job, it does not really work because we are not doing the right thing in an appropriate time. I totally agree with that because every activity has its condition, and if we use other ritual which is not suitable for the current activity, we will only get hurt instead. For instances, Jackson usually sleeps at 11:00p.m. One day, he attends a birthday party until 1:00a.m. In the party, he starts feeling sleepy around 11 o’clock and he cannot go back because he comes with someone’s car. He keeps thinking of sleeping in the party but he cannot sleep since it is noisy. Finally, he cannot sleep and enjoy the party, but suffers till the end of the party.
Anthony Robbins then talks about question. According to him, the best way of controlling our focus is to question ourselves with a good question. Again, I agree with him. It is very common in our life when we want to finish a thing with a good outcome. Thinking a lousy question, like what Anthony says, will discourage us instead of motivating. For example, I want to be the champion in a marathon competition. Instead of thinking “how to win the race”, I think “how can I win the race”. In the end, I will not be able to practice in the best way and finally lose.

MARIO TEGUH :
THE GOLDEN W
AYS

I do not fully understand what Mario Teguh is talking about because of slang, but I will do my best to complete this work.
In his speech, it is almost concerning about what leaders, or politicians, should argue about. I agree with him about what he says: leaders should argue and concern about the national and international problems, but not personal problem. If every leader only cares about their personal problem, the whole country’s system will be broken, and havoc will occur in the country. Also, citizens should choose potential leaders to lead the country. What is meant by potential is that he/she is able to solve social problems and national problems wisely and knows how to make country safe from threatening.

President Obama's speech to America's school children

President Barrack Obama is giving a motivational speech to America’s students in this video clip.
A good education, in my opinion, is to widen our knowledge as well as to discover our talent. What has President Obama done in this speech is that he relates the responsibility of students to their talent. Students’ responsibility is to learn, discover their talent and finally contribute to their country when they grow up. During this process, government, teachers and parents need to give their best effort in giving students a good upbringing. Also, President Obama relates students’ responsibility to country and his own experience when he was a student in order to give the better effect of motivating the students.
The second point that Presiden Obama mentions is that students should know how to choose their destiny and try to ask for help or consultant when they are facing problems in their life. Many students nowadays do not know what to do in the future and also do not ask for help when facing a problem because they think asking for help is the same as showing their weakness to other people. For me, asking for help is indeed a good opportunity to learn something.
In conclusion, I agree with what President Obama has said but I do not necessarily follow what all he mentions. The leader of a country giving a live speech to students more or less should motivate students.
wongkiamingkew080025
wongkiamingkew080025

Back to top Go down

wongkiamingkew080025 Empty Re: wongkiamingkew080025

Post  lauchunwokew080011 Tue 09 Feb 2010, 10:36 am

wongkiamingkew080025 wrote:

ANTHONY ROBBINS:
A PASSION FOR LIFE
I totally agree with that because every activity has its condition, and if we use other ritual which is not suitable for the current activity, we will only get hurt instead.

I agree with your comment because, even the same senario happen in two different people, the condition also will change, so different way of solution to solve the problem.
lauchunwokew080011
lauchunwokew080011

Back to top Go down

Post  Leong Jia Wei KEW080013 Thu 11 Feb 2010, 3:06 am

Thinking a lousy question, like what Anthony says, will discourage us instead of motivating.
asking for help is indeed a good opportunity to learn something.
I suppose we got to ask intelligently for us to learn something and do it well later! Cool
Leong Jia Wei KEW080013
Leong Jia Wei KEW080013

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheah Meng Kit KEW080006 Thu 11 Feb 2010, 3:26 am

I do not fully understand what Mario Teguh is talking about because of slang,

Yaya. Quite hard to listen to his speech also.
Cheah Meng Kit KEW080006
Cheah Meng Kit KEW080006

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum