Computer Engineering 08/09
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visha KEW080024

+4
Chan Xing Khuan KEW080005
tohguoshenkew080021
tohkharpengkew080022
Visha KEW080024
8 posters

Go down

Visha KEW080024 Empty Visha KEW080024

Post  Visha KEW080024 Tue 12 Jan 2010, 9:18 am

1. Write about myself, including what you want to become in future.

In the year 1990, the year I was born, my mom and my dad become mother and father. My parents was so happy and proud to receive me as the first child of the family. Indeed I am so lucky to get them as my parents, who put children before them in everything. I was named Vishalachy by my beloved grandmother. After me, two younger sisters and a brother were born. They made my childhood days more lively and colourful. My family could be the most valuable asset ever in my life. I grew up in a healthy family with both my parents had a stable careers. We lived with our grandma. She left all of us and the world last here. I have never wanted this to happen and it is really hard to accept her departure till now. The time period that God had given to her was over and she is with Him now . We hope that she will rest in peace up there and she will be deeply missed by each of us always. She was such a genuine for us . She played a big role in bringing up us after my parents. She was someone for cared for us without expecting anything in return. She made us feel loved and also made us feel that we too meant a lot to her. She will always be fresh in our memory.

Talking about my educational background, From standard 1 until standard 6, I studied at Sekolah Kebangsaan Methodist. While form 1 until form 5, I studied at Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Sungai Pelek. After that, I did my matriculation at Kolej Matrikulasi Pulau Pinang which is located at Kepala Batas. It was the first time in my life I stayed at hostel and far away from my beloved family. Anyhow, I gained a lot of new experiences academically and personally there. And, it also gives me a chance to meet and interact with a lot of people with different thinking and background. Shortly, I had a great time there, which is worth to look back. I passed my matriculation with flying colours which made me lucky enough to get a sit at University of Malaya. Currently I’m pursuing my degree in Computer Engineering. I’m in my second year, second semester. All this places had gave a lot unforgettable memories in my life and a lot friends who helps me to understand myself better. Those who hated me, they made me a stronger person. Those who loved me, they made my heart bigger. Those who worried about me, they let me know that they cared for me. Those who left me, they made me realize that nothing last forever.
After I complete my degree, I will have the opportunity to obtain a stable and challenging career as an engineer. I know that the road ahead will not be easy for me, but I cannot stop here. I need to move on in order to reach my goals. My success in the future lies in my own hands. Apart from career, most importantly, I would like to have a happy family of my own. I am still waiting for my Mr.Right to make his entrance in my life. I just hope we can get into relationship with both our parents permission and blessings. And just like other ordinary girls, I hope that I can be a good wife and a good mother just like my mum in future. Last but not least I want I to become a spiritual person who gives more priority for our soul needs than physical needs.

One of my favourite hobby since I was small is painting. I find that painting is really interesting and combining colours in order to get another colour is just cool. Painting can help you to release tension and make on person more creative. Basically I like anything to do with creativity for example like designing birthday cards. And I too like baking cakes and biscuits but cooking is not totally my thing. Apart from this, I actually loves sleeping. But somehow, I’m trying to get rid this bad habit by limiting the hours of sleeping.

2. Definition of thinking and types of thinking. Find out how it fits you now and will fit in future.

Thinking

To think is to analyze, examine and sort out information and form in the mind ideas or opinions, to perform any mental operation, to reason, to bring to mind or recollect, to determine, resolve and to work things out.

Thinking is;
to conceive thoughts and ideas by reasoning, to form an opinion, to judge, to consider, to employ and to bring one's intellectual faculties to work, to concentrate one's thoughts on any given subject;

is the act of reasoning from factual knowledge and or evidence;

is to reason about or reflect on, to ponder; to judge or regard, look upon;

to call to mind, to remember, to visualize and recall the images of what was once known to the mind.

Types of Thinking

1. Critical thinking
This is convergent thinking. It assesses the worth and validity of something existent. It involves precise, persistent, objective analysis. When teachers try to get several learners to think convergently, they try to help them develop common understanding.

2. Creative thinking
This is divergent thinking. It generates something new or different. It involves having a different idea that works as well or better than previous ideas.

3. Convergent thinking
This type of thinking is cognitive processing of information around a common point, an attempt to bring thoughts from different directions into a union or common conclusion.

4. Divergent thinking
This type of thinking starts from a common point and moves outward into a variety of perspectives. When fostering divergent thinking, teachers use the content as a vehicle to prompt diverse or unique thinking among students rather than a common view.

5. Inductive thinking
This is the process of reasoning from parts to the whole, from examples to generalizations.

6. Deductive thinking
This type of reasoning moves from the whole to its parts, from generalizations to underlying concepts to examples.

7. Closed questions
These are questions asked by teachers that have predictable responses. Closed questions almost always require factual recall rather than higher levels of thinking.

8. Open questions
These are questions that do not have predictable answers. Open questions almost always require higher order thinking.

After going through all this types of thinking, for now I think I am practicing an intermediate level of creative thinking. Basically a creative person who loves painting and designing will automatically develops into a creative thinking. My standard of creative thinking is just simple, good, practical ideas that no one seems to have thought of yet. Anyhow, I hope in future I could further develop my skill in this thinking by practicing the basic methods such as evolution, synthesis, revolution, reapplication and changing directions. It’s proven that a creative person can be curious, seeks problems, enjoys challenge, optimistic, sees problem with opportunity, and comfortable with imaginations. All these things will somehow help me to be a innovative engineer and stand out among the others because engineering is always about trying something, technology always changing.

Sometimes I do use divergent thinking in my daily life especially when I want to solve a problem by exploring all the possible solutions.

In future, I want to develop my critical thinking skills to become good computer engineer. Basically a critical thinker should be able to uses evidence skillfully and impartially, organizes thoughts and articulates them concisely and coherently, distinguishers between logically valid and invalid inferences, understands the difference between reasoning and rationalizing, attempts to anticipate the probable consequences of alternative actions and applies problem-solving techniques critically. All these qualities are very important to an engineer and it also applies to our everyday life. So, I am glad that critical thinking is being taught as a university subject and I am looking forward to learn more throughout the class.

References: http://www.venusproject.com/ecs/to_think.html
http://www.ves.wpsb.org/focus/typesofthinking.html
http://www.virtualsalt.com/crebook1.htm

[b]

Last edited by Visha KEW080024 on Fri 15 Jan 2010, 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Visha KEW080024

Back to top Go down

Visha KEW080024 Empty Re: Visha KEW080024

Post  tohkharpengkew080022 Tue 12 Jan 2010, 10:34 am

all girl like drawing and painting??O.o!!

tohkharpengkew080022

Back to top Go down

Post  tohguoshenkew080021 Tue 12 Jan 2010, 10:46 am

since you know that you love drawing...
and you have chosen the computer engineering as your future path..

perhaps you should try to apply your drawing skill in your engineering field ! Visha KEW080024 Icon_redface
it might come out with a briliant work!

tohguoshenkew080021

Back to top Go down

Post  Chan Xing Khuan KEW080005 Tue 12 Jan 2010, 6:47 pm

Those who hated me, they made me a stronger person. Those who loved me, they made my heart bigger. Those who worried about me, they let me know that they cared for me. Those who left me, they made me realize that nothing last forever.
An indeed very good sentence Very Happy Nothing last forever but all those memories will follow you forever Very Happy
Admin

https://comp-engin0809.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheah Meng Kit KEW080006 Tue 12 Jan 2010, 7:20 pm

Chan Xing Khuan KEW080005 wrote:
Those who hated me, they made me a stronger person. Those who loved me, they made my heart bigger. Those who worried about me, they let me know that they cared for me. Those who left me, they made me realize that nothing last forever.
An indeed very good sentence Very Happy Nothing last forever but all those memories will follow you forever Very Happy

I am strongly agree with both of you. Visha, nice words. Besides, my family and parents are also everything to me now. I miss them so much and feel sorry to them because can't stay by their side. No
Cheah Meng Kit KEW080006
Cheah Meng Kit KEW080006

Back to top Go down

Post  Leong Jia Wei KEW080013 Tue 12 Jan 2010, 11:34 pm

More spiritual then physical... Truer words have never been spoken...
Leong Jia Wei KEW080013
Leong Jia Wei KEW080013

Back to top Go down

Post  Hazwan Afiq KEW080010 Tue 12 Jan 2010, 11:44 pm

I do enjoyed Pendidikan Seni so much in my previous time at school, especially exam. Just freely draw and paint. If you know what i mean la...keep doing something you like rabbit
Hazwan Afiq KEW080010
Hazwan Afiq KEW080010

Back to top Go down

Post  NURAINRAZI KEW080016 Wed 13 Jan 2010, 1:24 am

absence of someone we love is painful but everything happens for a reason right..be strong vishaa,if there's anything you can always come to me..Smile

finding mr.right isnt always going to be easy but you should allow yourself to take risk sometimes because we will never know how it will turn out!!a part from learning too!!!

NURAINRAZI KEW080016

Back to top Go down

Post  Visha KEW080024 Fri 15 Jan 2010, 11:35 am

Toh Khar Peng~ Ya. I guess most of girls like painting espeacially Chinese girls. I went to art classes since small, thats how I developed the interstd in it.

Toh Guo Shen~ Hehe. Thanks :-) . I'll take it into consideration.

Chan Xing Khuan~ Thank you. Yea. I didnt created it actually. I came across those meaningful words long time before and it just stick on my mind because it sounds so true. Yup, nothing lasts forever.

Cheah Meng Kit~It's kinda hard to see guys who are very family attached these days. Your family should be lucky to have you...and ur gf too:-) No worries, you know they will alwayz be there for you no matter what and vise-versa. The first reason I applied UM is because it is near to my hometown, Im lucky enough to get it.

Leong Jia Wei~ The book " The monk who sold his ferrari" gv a big impact on me. It made me realise a lot of things. This is one of it.

Nur Ain~ Yup, i agree everythin happens fr a reason. Thx a lot. I know I can come to you guys if I have anything. Thx again. You guys made my life in UM much easier. Hahax..you are right. Ermmm, I dont really dare to take risk is this thing and u know that..hehe

Visha KEW080024

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheah Meng Kit KEW080006 Fri 15 Jan 2010, 3:54 pm

Cheah Meng Kit~It's kinda hard to see guys who are very family attached these days. Your family should be lucky to have you...and ur gf too:-) No worries, you know they will alwayz be there for you no matter what and vise-versa. The first reason I applied UM is because it is near to my hometown, Im lucky enough to get it.

You are so lucky and I am so jealous bounce
Cheah Meng Kit KEW080006
Cheah Meng Kit KEW080006

Back to top Go down

Post  Visha KEW080024 Sun 17 Jan 2010, 1:33 pm

Hazwan Afiq KEW080010 wrote:I do enjoyed Pendidikan Seni so much in my previous time at school, especially exam. Just freely draw and paint. If you know what i mean la...keep doing something you like rabbit

Thats right. Always spare your leisure time for the things that you like.

Visha KEW080024

Back to top Go down

Post  Visha KEW080024 Sun 17 Jan 2010, 1:36 pm

Cheah Meng Kit KEW080006 wrote:

You are so lucky and I am so jealous bounce

Dont worry. Your time will come. Hope later you will get a job some where near to your home.

Visha KEW080024

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down