Computer Engineering 08/09
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aizat Haris KEW080003

+6
Leong Jia Wei KEW080013
CHAI MING YUNG(KEW080004)
Cheah Meng Kit KEW080006
Chia Li - Yan KEW080007
Chan Xing Khuan KEW080005
Aizat Haris KEW080003
10 posters

Go down

Aizat Haris KEW080003 Empty Aizat Haris KEW080003

Post  Aizat Haris KEW080003 Tue 12 Jan 2010, 3:14 pm

1) Write about yourself critically.

Hello guys. First of all, I’m not sure how to describe myself critically. I googled ‘describe yourself critically’, and I ended up in Pakistan Cricket Forum page, I don’t know how. So I’m going to tell you about myself with the same way everybody did, and hopefully my information is critical enough for all of you guys. So for the start, my name is Aizat Bin Haris. I was born on the 27th of November 1989 in Selangor. I live in Hulu Langat, Selangor, with my parents, sister and a little brother. Currently, I’m staying in 11th College and study Computer Engineering here in UM. My dad is a retired NAVY, my mum is a teacher, my sister studies in UMT and while my brother is in form 5. Ok, I went to two schools for my entire schooling life, both in Hulu Langat. Then after a decent result in SPM, I continued my study in Malacca Matriculation College. After 1 year of hardworking and rather enjoy life there, I managed to get a great CPGA. So, here I am in UM, learning to become an engineer.

The best quality I enjoy about myself is my passion for football. I enjoy every part of this sport. I support Liverpool FC, and I’ve been their loyal fan since I was 9 years old. I also support Selangor FC and of course, our national football team. I’ve watched so many football matches and the passion for the sport is always inside of me. I look forward every week to watch my favourite team playing and others games too regardless from which countries they are. I’m also very good at this sport. I usually play as a striker, but sometimes I prefer to play in the middle of the field. Funny enough, I’m not playing for any team or club at the moment, even amateur or some college football team. It’s quite frustrating because football has always been inside of me. And it’s not that I can’t play, ‘kaki bangku’ or anything, it’s just chances never come. Maybe, it’s my fate that I’m not going to play football for any professional club. Anyhow, I never give up my hope and everyday I’m hoping my fate will change. My other interests are computers, astronomy, drawing (cartoon mostly), photo & video editing, and movies. I prefer a healthy lifestyle. I like to jog, working out, playing football, futsal, tennis, badminton or anything. And of course, I love playing games too. I prefer football arcade and manager games, war, and first person shooting games.

At the moment my life in UM hasn’t be as good as I was expected. I didn’t get great pointers, I rarely involve in society club and other stuffs that university students should experience. It’s totally different compared to my matriculation days. I enjoyed studying back then. It was a great year for me. And yeah, I know what you’re thinking right now, “dude, you should concentrate on your study, not football and those things. I mean, look at your exam results.” Yes, I know. That’s what I’m trying to change. I hope, this year will be a turning point of my academic achievement. I want to graduate together with all my course mates in 2012. But in my opinion, life in university it’s not just about good pointer or examination results. It’s about... it’s about... well yeah, it’s about excellent pointer and results. And I pretty much have messed it up. Anyway, life goes on right? Hopefully, I can bounce back. But looking on the bright side, I’ve met so many new friends here. And regarding on my ambition, in the future, I definitely would want to be a successful engineer. If I have a chance, I would like to continue my study first (overseas hopefully), then dive myself into this whole work and career thing. So that’s about it. Thanks for your time reading this.

2) Find out the definition of “thinking” and types of thinking; See how those types of thinking actually fit you, now and future.

Critical thinking means correct thinking in the pursuit of relevant and reliable knowledge about the world. Another way to describe it is reasonable, reflective, responsible, and skillful thinking that is focused on deciding what to believe or do. A person who thinks critically can ask appropriate questions, gather relevant information, efficiently and creatively sort through this information, reason logically from this information, and come to reliable and trustworthy conclusions about the world that enable one to live and act successfully in it. Critical thinking is not being able to process information well enough to know to stop for red lights or whether you received the correct change at the supermarket. Such low-order thinking, critical and useful though it may be, is sufficient only for personal survival; most individuals master this. True critical thinking is higher-order thinking, enabling a person to, for example, responsibly judge between political candidates, serve on a murder trial jury, evaluate society's need for nuclear power plants, and assess the consequences of global warming. Critical thinking enables an individual to be a responsible citizen who contributes to society, and not be merely a consumer of society's distractions

Critical thinking also can be described as the ability to think for one's self and reliably and responsibly make those decisions that affect one's life. Critical thinking is also critical inquiry, so such critical thinkers investigate problems, ask questions, pose new answers that challenge the status quo, discover new information that can be used for good or ill, question authorities and traditional beliefs, challenge received dogmas and doctrines, and often end up possessing power in society greater than their numbers. It may be that a workable society or culture can tolerate only a small number of critical thinkers, that learning, internalizing, and practicing scientific and critical thinking is discouraged. Most people are followers of authority: most do not question, are not curious, and do not challenge authority figures who claim special knowledge or insight. Most people, therefore, do not think for themselves, but rely on others to think for them. Most people indulge in wishful, hopeful, and emotional thinking, believing that what they believe is true because they wish it, hope it, or feel it to be true. Most people, therefore, do not think critically.

1. Critical thinking - This is convergent thinking. It assesses the worth and validity of something existent. It involves precise, persistent, objective analysis. When teachers try to get several learners to think convergently, they try to help them develop common understanding.
2. Creative thinking - This is divergent thinking. It generates something new or different. It involves having a different idea that works as well or better than previous ideas.
3. Convergent thinking - This type of thinking is cognitive processing of information around a common point, an attempt to bring thoughts from different directions into a union or common conclusion.
4. Divergent thinking - This type of thinking starts from a common point and moves outward into a variety of perspectives. When fosering divergent thinking, teachers use the content as a vehicle to prompt diverse or unique thinking among students rather than a common view.
5. Inductive thinking - This is the process of reasoning from parts to the whole, from examples to generalizations.
6. Deductive thinking - This type of reasoning moves from the whole to its parts, from generalizations to underlying concepts to examples.
7. Closed questions - These are questions asked by teachers that have predictable responses. Closed questions almost always require factual recall rather than higher levels of thinking.
8. Open questions - These are questions that do not have predictable answers. Open questions almost always require higher order thinking.

At present, my type of thinking, I would say, convergent thinking. This is mainly because I’m an open minded person. I would consider any oppinions and suggestions around me and try to relate it to my subject of discussion.
In the future, I probably want to think in creative way of thinking. This is due to my potential career as an engineer. I might going to invent new technology, so creative thinking is important. However, critical thinking is also important in order to be a good engineer and leader.

Sources:
http://www.freeinquiry.com/critical-thinking.html
http://www.ves.wpsb.org/focus/typesofthinking.html
Aizat Haris KEW080003
Aizat Haris KEW080003

Back to top Go down

Aizat Haris KEW080003 Empty Re: Aizat Haris KEW080003

Post  Chan Xing Khuan KEW080005 Tue 12 Jan 2010, 6:22 pm

With passion one can strife to achieve almost anything! Maybe you should try to find a way that can trigger your passion towards study or perhaps towards education, i'm sure you'll be doing well Cool
Admin

https://comp-engin0809.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Chia Li - Yan KEW080007 Tue 12 Jan 2010, 7:05 pm

Hei dont give up on your interest just yet. I believe there's alot of opportunities out there waiting for someone to grab it. Just need to take initiative to make the first step. That might be the key to unlock your 'not enjoying studying' mood.
Chia Li - Yan KEW080007
Chia Li - Yan KEW080007

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheah Meng Kit KEW080006 Tue 12 Jan 2010, 7:29 pm

Aizat i think good result is enough. No need to have excellent result. Excellent result does not mean you will become a successful engineer. Because the world outside is totally different. Nobody will care about your cgpa and how many A's you get. Just enjoy your life in UM. Don't give yourself too much of stress.
Cheah Meng Kit KEW080006
Cheah Meng Kit KEW080006

Back to top Go down

Post  CHAI MING YUNG(KEW080004) Tue 12 Jan 2010, 8:23 pm

I believe if we really concentrate in doing one thing, we will get a good result out of it. But, the biggest problem is we cannot stand on focus every moment, where something definitely will pull our eyes away from book,for sure Razz

http://alvinchai1101.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Leong Jia Wei KEW080013 Tue 12 Jan 2010, 10:24 pm

Well, try to enjoy your university life, because over and above all, it's just another fun-filled but adventurous day!
Leong Jia Wei KEW080013
Leong Jia Wei KEW080013

Back to top Go down

Post  Hazwan Afiq KEW080010 Tue 12 Jan 2010, 11:35 pm

u can do it aizat..i know u can...!
Hazwan Afiq KEW080010
Hazwan Afiq KEW080010

Back to top Go down

Post  NURAINRAZI KEW080016 Wed 13 Jan 2010, 1:56 am

there's always a room for improvement in our life.stay positive..if there's anything that let you down,face it as challenges.then Im very sure you can graduate in 2012 with a big smilee..like this-Very Happy

NURAINRAZI KEW080016

Back to top Go down

Post  Abdullah KEW080001 Wed 13 Jan 2010, 8:15 am

You never walk alone. We right beside you if you want a help...
That's what Liverpool for...
Kedah...kedah pantang kalah~

Abdullah KEW080001

Back to top Go down

Post  Aizat Haris KEW080003 Wed 13 Jan 2010, 7:08 pm

thanks guys for all those motivating words you gave..
i really appreciate it..i really do..
hopefully i can really concentrate on my study... Razz
Aizat Haris KEW080003
Aizat Haris KEW080003

Back to top Go down

Post  Chia Li - Yan KEW080007 Thu 14 Jan 2010, 12:34 am

Cheah Meng Kit KEW080006 wrote:Aizat i think good result is enough. No need to have excellent result. Excellent result does not mean you will become a successful engineer. Because the world outside is totally different. Nobody will care about your cgpa and how many A's you get. Just enjoy your life in UM. Don't give yourself too much of stress.

totally agree with you.. Especially when going for job interview, it's the way you perform that gets you the job. Not the result. But of course meeting the minimum requirement gets you the interview.
Chia Li - Yan KEW080007
Chia Li - Yan KEW080007

Back to top Go down

Post  NURAINRAZI KEW080016 Sat 16 Jan 2010, 7:32 pm

Cheah Meng Kit KEW080006 wrote:Aizat i think good result is enough. No need to have excellent result. Excellent result does not mean you will become a successful engineer. Because the world outside is totally different. Nobody will care about your cgpa and how many A's you get. Just enjoy your life in UM. Don't give yourself too much of stress.

I couldnt agree with you more Meng Kit..~

NURAINRAZI KEW080016

Back to top Go down

Post  Visha KEW080024 Sun 17 Jan 2010, 1:26 pm

Chia Li - Yan KEW080007 wrote:

totally agree with you.. Especially when going for job interview, it's the way you perform that gets you the job. Not the result. But of course meeting the minimum requirement gets you the interview.

i totally agree with both of you. It not too late Aizat. Just learn from your past. Work accordingly to change the things that you want to change. I guess you are back on your track now, just keep the spirit alive. Still got 5 more sems to go and we are graduating together. :-)

Visha KEW080024

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down