Computer Engineering 08/09
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NOKMAN KET080021

3 posters

Go down

NOKMAN KET080021 Empty NOKMAN KET080021

Post  NOKMAN KET080021 Tue 19 Jan 2010, 3:02 pm

1. Comment critically on a newspaper article.

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/articles/11cyc/Article/index_html

the title : At peril without helmets

As you seen the title, this article is about the important of wearing helmet.It was announced by National Road Safety Department director-general Datuk Suret Singh 2,000 deaths could have been avoided if the motorcyclists had wearing their helmet,but for the motorcyclist the helmet is troublesome and this is not a new thing because the problem start when the rulling have been applied in 1980s. I think They don't know and also don't care the advantage of wearing the helmet.The fact is helmets can reduce the risk of head injury by as much as 85%.Its also can reduce the risk of brain injury by as much as 88%. I was interesting when the article say "Many motorcyclists put on a helmet only when they spot a policeman, and even then without bothering to fasten it. " and its was true, its always happen in this country. It was a bad habit for a motorcyclist. If the goverment don't make the law, i think 70% of them were not wearing helmet and this is not good. They need to take care about their own safety, not because they do not want to be stopped by a policeman.

I also interested the fact that many people were not aware that children whose legs barely reached the motorcycle's pedal were not supposed to be pillion riders, and that it should be avoided if possible because i know it was very dangerous. i prefer them to walk if there really was no other means of transport.Beside of that, i realize that the reasons why they don't wear motorcycle helmets are that helmets are:

• Expensive

• Hot

• Restrictive

• The cause of messy helmet-head hair

• Freedom of choice

The reality is that each of these reasons can't bring back someone's life if it is lost in a motorcycle accident. Donning a helmet doesn't limit motorcycle drivers' ability to hear or see what is happening around them so the motorcyclist need to change this bad habit for their own safety.

2. Comment critically on a live-speech

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I8ohm6Dz8Q (part1)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT6s_K5Q7ZY (part2)

the title: WHY ISLAM ? Is time to know the truth..

As an introduction, this talk is about the truth of islam by reverted Muslim Brother. Many people think a great speech only depent on the person who is talking ,for example the president of a great country like Obama,a billionare like Bill Gates and the other,but in islam there is no such thing like that, in islam everyone can talk even you are a garbage boy or else, when someone talk about the truth, we need to listen .I interested with his talk not because who is this person,not the rank of this person, but it because of the contents that he want to give to the audients .Actually I not really know who is this person was but i was really imprease with the content of it.

This 10 minute speech is about a great man talk about the truth of islam and the story of his life. Brother abdur rahman is hailed from kerala,India.He was an hindu and reverted to islam. He was a person that always think and question something. The question is like : we are all the same but why we have different religion and believe? why are we here at this world? and where were we going after we die ? and many others question that alway in his mind.He find the answer everywere for a long time and alhamdullilah he get the answer for all of the question after he read the Quran, surah Al-Ikhlas, this four line definition clear all the question in his mind, because of that, he become a muslim.

In his speech, i can see this man is a very great guy. When he talk about something,he not like others person that just talk and we don't know the truth of it,but this man always tell something with a prove from Quran,the 'Kalamallah' .He also a brave person.When he was 18 years old,he want become a muslim because the beauty of islam.At that time he thing he can give the message of islam to his friend and family but he wrong about it. They told him that he was was crazy.
Even his family took him to mental hospital,black magician and that time his family also don't let him stay at home but he dont give up, he continue his life with islam because he know that Allah always with him.

The most interesting part is, one day all of his family come to see him and say they want to become a muslim. Can we imaging the people at the first time that don't believe him can come to him and say like that. That is the beauty of islam.That remind me if we are telling the truth, we don't need to worry anything.

NOKMAN KET080021

Back to top Go down

NOKMAN KET080021 Empty Re: NOKMAN KET080021

Post  Cheah Meng Kit KEW080006 Thu 21 Jan 2010, 1:57 pm

Wearing helmet really can reduce the probability of dead...Very important.
Cheah Meng Kit KEW080006
Cheah Meng Kit KEW080006

Back to top Go down

Post  Leong Jia Wei KEW080013 Thu 21 Jan 2010, 2:11 pm

The reality is that each of these reasons can't bring back someone's life if it is lost in a motorcycle accident.
Agreed.

Many people think a great speech only depent on the person who is talking ,for example the president of a great country like Obama,a billionare like Bill Gates and the other,but in islam there is no such thing like that, in islam everyone can talk even you are a garbage boy or else, when someone talk about the truth, we need to listen.
This is a great teaching of Islam. Too bad the real word doesn't work this way... Mad
Leong Jia Wei KEW080013
Leong Jia Wei KEW080013

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down