Computer Engineering 08/09
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ooi Tiang Chien KEW080018

3 posters

Go down

Ooi Tiang Chien KEW080018 Empty Ooi Tiang Chien KEW080018

Post  Ooi Tiang Chien KEW080018 Mon 08 Feb 2010, 10:57 pm

New Year, New Life-Don’t be trapped by the calendar. Create the life you want right now. Here’s where to start by Anthony Robbins.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Anthony Robbins started off by saying it is not required for us to make a new year’s resolution to make a change in our lives but to commit to the change immediately. From my opinion, a new year’s resolution requires someone to start making the change on the 1st of January, which shows we do not have that burning desire to change and that the change can wait until the beginning of the following year.

He stated that since a change requires effort to be successful and it cannot be achieved in just one day, therefore, consistency is required.

His hint to his audience was to “Raise your standard”. This means to raise one’s standard in his mind and make him believe he is better than who he actually is to who he actually wants himself to become. Upon achieving that, one raises his identity and not just setting a goal which can be unachieved. One of the common examples on how to achieve that is to create a “MUST-list” instead of a “SHOULD-list”.

From my opinion, the reason why people usually fail to successfully make the change they want is because of inconsistency. The lack of consistency is then caused by the level of burning desire not to be at the level high enough to push the person until he is willing to make the sacrifice for the things necessary in order to achieve the goal he wanted. That’s the disadvantage of setting a goal. So I fully agree with Anthony Robbins that instead of setting a goal, we raise our standard to raise our identity of who we are then the sacrifices and consistencies will come by themselves. I believe that this point of his was supported critically in the 35 minutes’ video.

Source: http://tonyrobbinstraining.com/468/new-year-new-life-2/#comments

Mario Teguh Golden Ways: Mengatasi Rasa Takut Gagal by Mario Teguh

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

This video is in Indonesian language and since I do not know how to comment in that language and that critical language classes are conducted in English, therefore, I will comment in English.
Mario Teguh started off by asking the audience whether the imagination of failure or the experience of failure is better. He then gave his opinion on which experiencing failures is better as we get to learn from them and improve ourselves. Next, he stated that all successful people failed many times before tasted success and that they became stronger every time they overcome their failure.

I agree with what Mario Teguh has stated in which failure is the key to success. The problem with this speech of his is, it states Mengatasi Rasa Takut Gagal (which means overcoming the fear of failure) for its title but throughout the 30 minutes’ video, he focused mainly on only what should be done to overcome the fear of failure and not how to overcome it. The points he emphasized on to the audience is not to fear of failure and that we should face them, find a way to overcome them rather than to avoid them. In my opinion, there are people who realize about the importance of facing failure and not avoiding them but they are not capable of doing it. The reason is sometimes people tend to take their failure the wrong way so instead of building them, failures make them fall. These people had failed to control their sub-conscious mind and emotions from conquering their soul and therefore, succumbed to their fate of not meeting their desired end. Therefore, Mario Teguh should have focused a little bit more on this and as an overall; I believe he did not support his point on overcoming failure critically.

Attitude Makes All The Difference by Zig Ziglar

In this video, the message Zig Ziglar wanted to convey to his audience is to look at the positive side for what we do and have, and show gratitude for them. In other words, to be happy for what we have and not what we do not have. He gave an example of a woman who came to him for advice as she was dissatisfied with her job. She was thinking of all the negative things that can be obtained from her job. Ziglar then asked her to list down all the things she liked about her job in which she did, and in the end when they met again, she stated how happy she was then at her workplace.

I have to say I agree partially with his point. Yes, being optimistic creates opportunity for us. Not to mention optimism brings about happiness and when one is happy, that person can think properly and do the best with what he has. There is a flaw in this statement. I personally feel there has to be a line drawn for optimism. If somebody is always positive, he will never learn from his mistakes. Even when he does one, he will think he is on the right track and keeps moving on by looking at what can he learn from those mistakes(which is a good thing) but not putting himself back on track. Sometimes, negativity is like pain which acts as an indicator that something is not happening right. We have to evaluate those negativities before jumping into conclusion that all negativities should be avoided and looking only on the bright sides. For example, if you list down all the strengths of yourself and do not list down your weaknesses, will you be able to learn and improve those weaknesses? Therefore I believe Zig Ziglar has missed out this point in his 10 minutes’ speech and therefore did not support his point critically.

Back to top Go down

Ooi Tiang Chien KEW080018 Empty Re: Ooi Tiang Chien KEW080018

Post  Leong Jia Wei KEW080013 Sat 27 Feb 2010, 2:28 am

The problem with this speech of his is, it states Mengatasi Rasa Takut Gagal (which means overcoming the fear of failure) for its title but throughout the 30 minutes’ video, he focused mainly on only what should be done to overcome the fear of failure and not how to overcome it.
Sometimes, the audiences ask questions that have no relations at all with the topic and Mr. Mario even allows it!

Sometimes, negativity is like pain which acts as an indicator that something is not happening right.
Agreed. Sometimes, the right amount of negativity does help us to evaluate our strength, weakness and wrongdoings.
Leong Jia Wei KEW080013
Leong Jia Wei KEW080013

Back to top Go down

Post  Cheah Meng Kit KEW080006 Sat 27 Feb 2010, 2:41 pm

It is really quite hard to understand what Mr. Mario said.
Cheah Meng Kit KEW080006
Cheah Meng Kit KEW080006

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down